The Men’s Residential Treatment section offers 20 beds.
The Men’s Residential Rehabilitation Facility at CAAAPU delivers a treatment program incorporating:
- Group and individual counselling, cognitive therapy, narrative therapy. The use of motivational interviewing is incorporated in all deliveries.
- Individual client case management
- Counselling provided by AOD qualified CAAAPU staff and external professional staff – supported by a robust clinical governance model.
- holistic family participation (where desired by the client)
- Work ready programs including day release to employment and accredited training in Alice Springs.
Female Residential Rehabilitation
CAAAPU is currently not funded to provide Residential Rehabilitation to Women.
Alcohol Mandatory Treatment program
CAAAPU was successful in tendering to provide Alcohol Mandatory Treatment services to the Northern Territory Government under the Alcohol Mandatory Treatment Act and has been delivering these programs since the Act came into effect in July 2013. Funding for the AMT services is provided through the Northern Territory Government.
CAAAPU current provide Residential Treatment services up to 20 AMT clients.
AMT clients undertake programs similar to those accessed by residential clients.
Outreach and Day care
CAAAPU operates an Outreach service providing support to clients and their families’ resident in the community of Alice Springs.
Clients are invited to attend CAAAPU facility and participate in treatment programs Monday to Friday between 08.30 and 16.30.
CAAAPU Outreach team provide cultural activities and outings both in and around Alice Springs.